Anderson House Appalachian Trail Cornbread Mix
Just add buttermilk to the mix and bake in an 8-inch square or muffin tin! With a soft crumb inside and crusty outside, this cornbread mix mades a slightly sweet product, the perfect complement to soup for supper.
Lightly sweet, moist inside, and crisp outside...tasty!
Made with Natural Ingredients
Add buttermilk to the mix and bake in an 8-inch square or muffin tin. With a soft crumb inside and crusty outside, its slightly sweet, the perfect complement to soup for supper.
Ingredients: Cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Melt butter in 8×8 pan in oven – butter may turn brown. Then, swirl butter in pan to coat bottom and sides.
- Pour remaining butter from pan into mixing bowl. Blend in eggs and buttermilk.
- Add contents of cornbread mix and stir thoroughly. Pour mixture into preheated pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until cornbread is firm on top and lightly browned